Hypnotherapy For Children & Teenagers
Hypnosis for children works exceptionally well. Children make excellent hypnotic subjects.
Their willingness to engage in visualisation and use their creative imagination lends itself to hypnosis.
Children experience this kind of state many times a day quite naturally, by being absorbed in thought or in imaginative play. They are open to the possibilities presented through “therapeutic play” and have none of the preconceived ideas that many adults have.
In my experience young people enjoy hypnosis and respond exceptionally well. Hypnosis for children is as natural as play. Children need to be over 5 years of age to get the best from hypnotherapy.
Typical Children’s Issues That I Have Successfully Treated with Hypnosis:
- Self Confidence
- Low Self-Esteem
- Thumb Sucking
- School phobia
- Difficulty Making Friends
- Insomnia / Sleep Problems
- Hyperactivity / ADHD
- Bed Wetting
- Eating / Food Issues
- Social Awareness
- Hair Pulling
- Asthma attacks
This Is What Happens in a Typical Session of Hypnosis For Children
Not every session is the same as I respond to whatever the child needs however most sessions follow;
- A telephone consultation with a parent or guardian where I get their perspective on the problem and the desired outcome.
- I expect a parent or guardian to be present during the first session. For subsequent sessions you can stay if the young person would prefer you to be there.
- At the first session we have a chat. Now I want to get the child’s perspective. We talk about how they experience the problem, how long they have been this way and how they would prefer to think, feel and behave instead.
- At all times I guide the child towards the solution and identify strengths and resources that the child already has, which will be useful.
- The hypnosis session will always deliver positive suggestions to boost their confidence in addition to guided visualization to overcoming their problem
Things You Should Know About Your Childs Hypnotherapy Session
- The young person must engage willingly.
- I recommend that the parent or guardian discuss coming to see me.
- Hypnotherapy is completely safe, there are no side effects.
- Hypnosis cannot make your child do anything against their will.
- The session is totally child centred. So I will talk with the child not to them or about them.
- The number of sessions required depends upon the problem presented.
- Each session lasts around 50 mins.
- All work is carried out discreetly and in total confidence.
Hypnosis for children is effective, safe and no matter what the presenting problem is aimed at enhancing the young person’s confidence and self-esteem!