Depression affects one in six of us. Common symptoms include lack of motivation, difficulties in concentration, pessimism, sleep disturbances, irritability, crying, suicidal thoughts, social withdrawal, changes in appetite, loss of sex drive and lack of enthusiasm/pleasure.
Depression often has knock-on effects in personal and professional relationships.
What is Depression Counselling & Psychotherapy?
Depression Counselling Treatment will be tailored to your individual symptoms. I help you explore the root causes of depression and low mood. I may also incorporate cognitive behavioural therapy techniques which focus on lifting the maintaining cycles of depression and low mood.
Many clients inform me that there taking antidepressants. If this is the case counselling can happily work along slide the mediation with good results.
Issues for Depression Counselling
- Low Mood
- Postnatal depression (PND)
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Loss of Desire
- Changes in Appetite
- Social Withdrawal
What are the Benefits of Depression Counselling?
- Explore the underlying causes of your depression.
- Examine thoughts, feelings and behaviours that contribute to low mood.
- Develop tailor-made coping strategies to manage low moods.
- Learn techniques and tools that are effective for you for the long-run.