Children and teenagers today face a number of challenges. Typical problems range from ever-rising exam pressures to the lure of the internet.
We see growing numbers of teenagers suffering from depression, stress-related conditions, low self-esteem, drug and alcohol abuse, eating disorders, and relational difficulties.
What is Children/Teenage Counselling & Psychotherapy?
Counselling for children and teenagers incorporates principles of adult therapy but is underpinned by developmental psychology. Having been a college counsellor I have a good understanding of working with children and teenagers also I have had a CRB check.
It takes a particular skill to engage with adolescents and to guide them in overcoming their difficulties without interrupting the course of natural development.
What are the benefits of Children & Teenage Counselling?
- Talk about all issues in a safe environment.
- Gain confidence in self-expression as a teenager.
- Improve communication levels through practice and with therapist feedback.
- Learn to recognise strengths and weaknesses.
- Discover ways of overcoming worries, pressures and negative behaviours.
Issues for Children & Teenage Therapy
- Academic difficulties
- Peer pressure
- Parental divorce
- Low Self-Confidence
- Social withdrawal
- Eating problems